The cooler, wetter weather is perfect for mycologist get- togethers. Namely, the Girdwood Fungus Fair and the Cordova Fungus Festival are happening at the end of August.
There are all kinds of mushroom cultural activities like mushroom walks and foray with mycologists from all over Alaska and the Lower 48. You can learn to grow, find, and eat all kinds of mushrooms.
Join the fun! This community is mushrooming!
Alaska Mushroom Festivals and Links
- Cordova Fungus Festival: "CORDOVA FUNGUS FESTIVAL"
- Girdwood Fungus Fair:
We put the "Fun" in Fungus Fair
- Kenai Peninsula Mycological Society
- Southcentral Alaska Mycological Society
- Working together to promote, pursue and advance the study of Mycology in Southcentral Alaska
- 2011 Annual Mushroom Conference at Breitenbush Hot Springs
- 2011 Annual Meeting of the Mycological Society of America. - Holy Cow! 79 ANNUAL meeting. Starts tomorrow August 2 - 5, 2011.