Thursday, January 19, 2006

Local Hero Marcus Fuller

Local Hero Marcus Fuller: "Local Hero Marcus Fuller
Submitted by Travis Andersen


I first came across Marcus Fuller by accident years ago on the ridge at Bridger Bowl. I was setting up to shoot a friend of mine who was going to ski a particular hidden, tight, technical chute. I was in position and waiting when Marcus suddenly appeared at the top of the line. He had no idea anybody was going to be there, especially with a camera, and was just skiing a line for his own pure satisfaction. He shredded the line, before my buddy and skied off laughing and hooting."


Read this article about our Valdez friend, Marcus Fuller. He is an incredible guy. Last I heard he was in China studying chinese medicine and stuff. I got to know him on the slopes of thompson pass outside Valdez, Alaska in the land of the Chugach Mountain Kings. He would travel around but generally showed up for fishing in Prince William Sound and then again in the Spring for some skiing.

He is a man of many talents and friendly as you wouldn't believe. Here is some of his artwork and sundries.

http://www.alaskagold.com/marcus

No comments: